Half a month later, the dust has settled, and Baltimore is rebuilding. The Internet fights have died down, and we can talk about things calmly and without pointing fingers. That is why now is the opportune time to let everyone know that people who defend rioting on this scale are fucking subhuman garbage and should kill themselves.
The other day I was listening to my favorite center-leftist radio station on NPR (Conservatards don’t actually have a monopoly on asinine political commentary on the radio – the leftist version just gets gubmint money fo’ dem programs and is on FM). Having developed a rather thick skin from a misspent youth talking to horrible people of various stripes online, I usually quite enjoy all the exasperated guises of neutrality, the roundabout demographic pandering, and the generous use of the word “problematic” that NPR has to offer. Sometimes though it gets better than that, and I endanger myself and other motorists by succumbing to the urge to furiously tip my fedora out of the sheer euphoria that overcomes me when I hear some of the shit they say on there completely blind to the implications. The other day I mentioned was one such episode. The program begins with a female Hispanic journalist talking about noticing a lot of homeless people in the Back Of the Yards neighborhood where she works, a renowned shithole in my very own native Chiraq. Her journalistic curiosity taking over, she began asking them where they were coming from (maybe to plug the hole; it gets awful drafty in the Windy City). The nature of their answers though, is where this gets interesting. Almost all of the people she talked to told her stories with a few common themes:
- They were from Puerto Rico
2. They were addicted to hard drugs of some kind
3. They were promised by someone in Puerto Rico (Usually a government healthcare worker) that there were miracle rehab facilities in America that could help them
4. Someone in Puerto Rico (Usually a government official) paid for their plane ticket to Chicago
5. Someone in Puerto Rico (Often the cops) drove them to the airport
6. There were not miracle rehab facilities in America that could help them Continue reading